The Hario Slims and Skertons are great grinders, but if they are the Toyota of hand grinders, then the Porlex grinders are the Infinitis. And the latest updates take the Porlex to the next level! The Porlex grinders have now been updated with:
- A new patented design of connector that prevents any slippage from the handle and no wear.
- A perfectly circular outer burr which produces a more consistent grind throughout the entire range of grind.
- Laser etched burrs to show that only premium Porlex burrs are used in the grinder.
As with its bigger brother, the Porlex Tall, this grinder has ceramic burrs and a stainless steel housing, which not only makes it easy to clean, but more resilient than glass versions, and produces less static than plastic versions.
The conical ceramic burrs don't rust, are easy to clean and stay sharper for much longer than steel burrs. So what differentiates this from the Tall? Well, the name gives that away: at 130mm height it's 55mm shorter. It also has a rubber grip that makes grinding even easier and allows you to attach the handle to the side of the grinder housing when detached. This model fits nicely into an AeroPress with the band removed.
As the burrs are exactly the same as in the Tall, it copes well with everything you can throw at it - from Turkish to French Press grind setting - and thanks to an easily accessible locking nut, is really easy to adjust. But the thing that sets this apart from other hand grinders is the speed and ease of grind. This is down to a couple of features: a long steel handle that connects solidly to the grinder and the ability to hold the grinder steadily in one hand while turning the handle with the other
- Premium Japanese/English packaging and English/French/Japanese instructions.
- Stainless Steel Body
- Laser etched durable ceramic burrs made from Japanese clay
- Made in Japan